It’s week 3 of our Awesome Alexa Mavens blog hop that I’m co-hosting with Danielle of Freebies and Deals and Jenny of Full Cart Full Wallet. Have you noticed your Alexa score dropping? Leave a comment below letting us know if so!
What is an Alexa hop?
An Alexa hop helps your Alexa rank to drop! The lower the Alexa rank, the better. Sponsors often look at your Alexa rank in determining whether to work with you. It is one indication of the popularity of your website or blog.
How to I participate?
To participate in this hop, you MUST have the Alexa toolbar or extension installed in your browser (you need an account first). Only Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox allow you to install the toolbar/extension. The links above will allow you to download and install the Alexa toolbar/extension for free. When participating in the blog hop, you must use one of these three browsers or it won’t help anyone!
If your browser installs the toolbar, here’s what it will look like:
|Click to enlarge|
If your browser installs the extension, here’s what it’ll look like:
|Click to enlarge|
After you have installed the Alexa toolbar or extension, you can add your blog’s title and URL to the linky list below.
The next step is to hop to other blogs. Make sure you stay on their site for a few minutes and click at least one link to another page. This helps keep our “bounce rate” low (another measure of how useful your site is).
It’s also helpful to take a second and leave a meaningful comment on one of the blogger’s posts and say that you’re visiting from the Alexa Drop Hop (remember to leave a link to your blog so they can visit it back).
To learn more about why the toolbar or extension helps other blogs’ Alexa ranking, read HERE.
Here are the rules:
- You are required to have the Alexa toolbar or extension installed on the browser you are using while doing this hop.
- You MUST visit the hosting blogs — Full Cart Full Wallet, SamiCone.com, and Freebies and Deals. Leave a comment to let us know you visited and we’ll visit back!
- Add a link to the MAIN PAGE of your FAMILY-FRIENDLY blog to the list below.
- DO NOT link to a specific post or to a giveaway or linky list.
- Try to visit at least three other blogs besides the hostesses’ blogs. Be sure to leave the blogs you visit a note saying you visited (with a meaningful comment) and leave your URL so they can visit you back.
- Visit as many other blogs as you can.
- Since you’re hopping, feel free to follow the other blogs too one way or another (GFC, Networked Blogs, Twitter, just be sure to mention you followed).
- Be sure to visit back everyone who visits you and use the browser you installed the Alexa toolbar/extension to do it.
- Consider placing the Awesome Alexa Mavens Hop button on your sidebar and help us get the word out.