I used to think making jam took hours, not to mention strange ingredients and canning capabilities…but that’s not the case! I’ve got an easy berry stovetop jam recipe that takes just minutes to make using three ingredients you probably already have at home.
* 4 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen, or any other berries you have on hand!)
* 3/4 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
* juice of 1/2 a lemon
1. Bring all ingredients to boil in a medium saucepan
2. Allow to simmer slowly over low heat (about 20 minutes) until cooked down and thickened.
3. Once berries are soft, mash until desired consistency.
4. Store in Mason Jars or airtight container in refrigerator for up to a month.
If you’re interested in how to make other variations on this easy stovetop jam recipe, like berry popsicles and berry simple syrups, check out my Frugal Fruit Fun post with recipes I shared on Talk of the Town.
Watch my other Talk of the Town segments here for more fun ways to save money!