If you’re looking for ways to save on that Fall makeup transition so many of us love to make, look no further! Below are the best Frugal Fall Makeup Tips I shared on Talk of the Town today.
1. Don’t overlook the drug stores! The brands they carry have come a long way in the past few years, but don’t forget to do your research first: use beauty lists from Glamour or InStyle, which always include drugstore finds, to discover “Editor’s Picks” and “Consumer Top Buys”. Even better – most drugstores have great return policies. For example, CVS will allow you to return any product within 60 days with a receipt for a full refund.
2. Don’t skimp on a good set of brushes…but that doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money. My favorite inexpensive brushes are from makeup artist Sonia Kashuk at Target. You can find individual brushes for as little as $3, but they have a great Essential Brush Kit for only $25!
3. You can look like a celebrity for less these days! Mass retailers have partnered with makeup professionals and celebrities to create high-end lines at affordable prices. CVS has the Nuance Line by Salma Hayek and Target has the Jemma Kidd line – both give department store quality products at drugstore prices.
4. Just because you’re saving money doesn’t mean you have to forsake your favorite department store brands… just wait to buy your favorite items until the have their “Bonus Buy Event”. Usually if you spend $35 – 40, you’ll receive a bag of full-size goodies. And if you have heard about a specific department store item, ask the makeup counter if they have a FREE sample for you to try.
5. Not wanting to take the plunge to drugstore brands but don’t have the budget for department store brands? Check out sample box programs like GLOSSYBOX that let you try those brands before you buy them! You’ll get between five and seven large size samples of department store brands delivered to your mailbox for around $20.00 a month.
If you missed my Talk of the Town segment on this topic, you can watch the full segment here:
NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather
What are your best tips for saving on your favorite makeup?