Day 4 of my Daniel Fast experience included a wonderful celebration dinner with friends from out of town, but also included a little setback…
There’s not a lot to say about Day 4 of my Daniel Plan experience is that we had a wonderful gathering at our home last night, but it showed up on my waist.
The only place I really ‘cheated’ was that I had a piece of my friend Erika’s cornbread after learning that she made it with home-ground corn and it was gluten-free (and EVERYONE raved about it!). Since I’m not doing any grains during the detox, this set me back a bit, but it was sooooo good
Daniel Plan Experience: Day 4
Breakfast: Cinnamon Almonds and Green Tea
– Because I had a meeting in the morning and didn’t want to take the time to cook, I just grabbed some green tea and a quick snack, knowing I’d eat a heartier meal in lieu of my normal snack.
Snack: Avocado, Spinach & Onion Egg Scramble
*Adapted from the Book*
– I actually mushed avocado into the eggs before scrambling them for the first time. The kids (& my husband for that matter) were very put off by the color, but it actually tasted pretty good!
Lunch: Dr. Hyman’s Black Bean Soup
*Recipe from the book*
– Because of time constraints, I just heated up some of this delicious soup with a cilantro garnish.
– Not on the plan, but it’s what was at hand for me!
Dinner: Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
– We hosted three other families at our home last night and had a ton of fun catching up. I made Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili (a Whole Foods recipe), our friend Erika made regular chili and Tiffany made her famous taco salad. I had a little bit of each, as well as Erika’s AMAZING gluten-free cornbread.
Weight & Measurements
Overall: 7 pounds lost & 1.5 inches down
There are several Daniel Plan resources available (though I only have the book, so I can’t vouch for the others.) Keep in mind, if you purchase anything through the Amazon affiliate links below, I will make a small percentage of the sale at NO extra cost to you.
If you’d like to join me in this Daniel Plan experience (or just have an encouraging word!), will you please let me know in the comments below? Here’s to good health!