We love living in Nashville no matter what the season, but once the kids are out of school, there’s even more to do as a family!
So today on Talk of the Town, I’m sharing my favorite Nashville Summer Family Freebies.
This is just a sampling of what there is to do around town, so if you know of more, I’d love for you to add them in the comments below.
Nashville Summer Family Freebies
I never experienced Vacation Bible School as a kid, but as a parent in Nashville, I’ve LOVED VBS over the past decade. Many churches will over VBS during one week in the summer and not only does it give the kids (typically K-5) some time to play and learn with new friends, but it also gives parents a few free hours during the day. Check out the VBS HQ site.
* Free Movies
– Zoovies at the Nashville Zoo
– Nashville Shores Movie nights
– Regal Summer Movie Express
– Nashville Sounds every Friday & Saturday
– 4th of July (Great viewing from the Adventure Science Center)
– While most libraries around town offer story times throughout the week, nowhere does it quite like the Nashville Public Library, especially when you factor in their biweekly puppet shows that are free and open to anyone, even if you don’t live in Davidson county.
– For more information on the Williamson County Public Library Summer Reading Program I shared on Talk of the Town today, visit their website.
– Bank of America customers participate in the Museums on Us program the first weekend of each month
– Kids 18 and Under ALWAYS get into the Frist Center for the Visual Arts for Free
– Many Nashville museums and mansions are free for children 5 & under, including Belle Meade Plantation, Country Music Hall of Fame and Fontanel.
– Cheekwood is free for children 2 and under, but they offer many free children’s activities, especially on Saturdays, once inside.
– Free admission for military personnel and their families at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts and at Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum from Memorial Day through Labor Day
* Nashville Ballet
Martin Center Free Family Fun Day – May 30
Join Nashville Ballet for the official unveiling of its newly renovated and expanded facility at its Free Family Fun Day! The festival-like atmosphere will be filled with free interactive children’s activities, free food, prizes and more!
* Apple Camp
– Apple stores offer a free camp for kids during various weeks in the summer. Sign up to be notified by email when dates are released. Read my Apple Camp post to see my kids’ experiences.
* American Girl craft events
– Did you know the American Girl Nashville store is opening this weekend? (Read my full post). Check the American Girl website to find out when they’ll be offering free crafts and other events over the summer
* LEGO Store
– Every LEGO store offer a free monthly mini model build.
– We wouldn’t be Music City without free live music throughout the summer! Visit this list for concert dates.
– And don’t forget about some of my favorite parks around town, including Centennial Park, “Dragon” Park, BiCentennial Park & fountains, Red Caboose Park and of course, the Farmer’s Market downtown.
-Every other week from 10-11am kids can build something for free at the Lowes Build and Grow workshops.
* Home Depot Free Kids Workshops
-First Saturday of every month from 9am-Noon kids can build a project, plus get a free apron, pin and certificate at Home Depot.
You can also check out my Chattanooga Summer Fun post for more family summer activities in Tennessee.
And while you’re at it, check out my Top 20 Summer Boredom Busters