After closing due to the Nashville Flood of 2010, we get to celebrate the Opry Mills Grand Re-Opening with a Ribbon Cutting today, March 29, 2012 at 9:30 am.
I can only imagine there will be state and local dignitaries, along with a few notable country names, to kick-off the event. Immediately following, the doors will open for business at 10am.
What I’m most excited about is that they seem to have ‘clumped’ similar stores together in ‘districts’, most notably a fashion district & a children’s area, known as “Tennessee Treasures” (that will soon include a play area!).
Many of your old favorites will be returning, along with new outlet stores like Coach, Polo, Vera Bradley and, what’s sure to be the most popular in our house, LEGO.
Even if you can’t make it out today, don’t fret; the celebration will continue with a series of interactive and family fun events throughout the following five-week period, which will include:
- Opry Mills Next Big Star®: Up and coming musical talent acts will vie for the chance to perform at Opry Mills during the Grand Re-Opening celebration, including its Southern Nights finale on May 5.
- Easter Sunday: Opry Mills will continue the Grand Re-Opening momentum with special holiday hours of 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Grand Re-Opening Super Sale Weekend April 13 – 15: Guests will be able to take advantage of even deeper discounts from popular participating retailers.
- Tennessee Treasures Opening Celebration April 28 – 29: Children of all ages will enjoy the unveiling of Opry Mills’ new Tennessee Treasures play area and the return of the Simon Kidgits Club. The weekend will also feature family-friendly entertainment on the Entertainment Stage.
- Grand Re-Opening Finale May 4 – 6: Opry Mills will be back on the scene as a favorite fashion and family-fun entertainment destination.
- Trends and Friends Night on Friday, May 4 featuring a series of interactive style events and retailer programming, plus fashion shows on both Friday and Saturday and live entertainment on the Entertainment Stage and throughout the property.
- Opry Mills will celebrate its roots in Music City on May 5 with Southern Nights, a free grand finale concert featuring the winner of Opry Mills Next Big Star® talent search and a major country headliner to be announced soon.
- The concert will culminate with a spectacular fireworks display. Attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods as a donation to Second Harvest Food Bank.
I’ll update you later on details about the event, but if you want even more Opry Mills’ Grand Re-opening information, including a list of new and returning retailers, you can visit www.oprymills.com or check out the Opry Mills Facebook page.