January 1, 2015: Start 2015 on the Right Financial Foot
Are you wondering how to start 2015 off on the right financial foot?
I have my top 6 tips to control spending and develop smart money habits for the New Year:
1. Return anything laying around the house with a tag still on it (including unwanted gifts) and use credit for something you truly need
2. Keep track of when gift cards expire and make sure to use them ALL before they do!
3. Ditto #2, except with coupons
4. Track spending on a Google spreadsheet (or a notebook if you’re old school) before planning a new budget to see where your money is going
5. Set up a Savings Account (for everyone in the family) and start socking away 10% of everything you make… then promise yourself you won’t touch it
6. Have your kids gather and count all the coins & loose change they can find and roll them for the bank (paying them a % of course)
By following these simple steps, you’ll see the savings accumulate before you know it!
If you’d like to hear the Family Money Minute on the radio in your area, leave the call letters of your favorite station and your hometown in the comments below!
Click for more information on the Family Money Minute Radio Program
Click for Family Money Minute Posts you may have missed!