Did you watch my segment on “Staycations” on NewsChannel 5’s “Talk of the Town” today ?
Watch the video
(Click on the video on the left entitled “Affordable Vacations in Mid-State”)
Obviously there are a plethora of great things to do in and around Nashville & Chattanooga, but sometimes it’s hard to keep track of it all! Also, with the economy being what it is, more people are having to give up their traditional summer family vacation. So why not plan a “Staycation” ?
I’ve got a great list of deals at some of Nashville’s greatest venues (as well as the Tennessee Aquarium) AND some fantastic rates at one of the city’s most famous hotels:
Ongoing deals for Nashville locals:
*Eat at one of their 4 main restaurants and get your parking ticket stamped so either valet or self-park are free!
*Locals always get a 20% discount at Relache Spa PLUS a voucher for parking
Of particular excitement (at least for our family!):
- “Camp” Veggie Tales for Families. Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2010. (excludes August 16-19, 23-26 & August 30-September 2)
The Creation of the Movies Attraction
- Veggie Tales Gardening Experience
- Character Meet and Greets
- Themed train ride
- Veggie Tales indoor Delta Boat Ride
-One souvenir photo per room
-Family admission to the resort’s FREE SummerFest activities
-Kids Eat FREE** (ages 11 and under)
-VIP Coupon Book valued at more than $250
Package price: $164
Other upcoming specials (more details on these later):
- The Family Affair. Saturday, May 8 or Saturday, June 19, 2010.
Starting at only $149* – Includes FREE atrium view upgrade
- Sizzlin Summer Family Pool Party. May 30, 2010. (Starting at $149 for room, party admission and family photo) Kick back poolside with the family, relax, dance and play fun outdoor games while a DJ spins summertime tunes.
- Kids Eat FREE at Gaylord Opryland this summer! Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2010
Save money for more fun by eating in one of Gaylord Opryland’s award-winning restaurants where children under 12 can choose from the fun and nutritious selections on the Kids Eat Free menus
Senior day on May 21 (65+ get in FREE before 4pm plus free health screenings)
Free on the first weekend of every month for Bank of America cardholders
Buy one planetarium ticket, get the second half price.
“Regions Free Days with the Symphony” from June 10 – 30. This will include a series of free community concerts in Nashville, Brentwood, Lebanon and Lafayette.
- Thursday, June 10 at 8 p.m. East Park, Nashville
- Friday, June 11 at 8 p.m. Bicentennial Mall Park, Nashville
- Sunday, June 13 at 7 p.m. Crockett Park, Brentwood
- Monday, June 14 at 7:30 p.m. Centennial Park, Nashville
- Tuesday, June 15 at 7 p.m. Cumberland University, Lebanon
- Tuesday, June 22 at 7:30 p.m. Centennial Park, Nashville
- Wednesday, June 23 at 7 p.m. Key Park, Lafayette
- Tuesday, June 29 at 7 p.m. Centennial Park, Nashville
And for those of you in Chattanooga or wanting to make a Chattanooga Staycation (it’s only about 2 hours away from Nashville!):
Tennessee Aquarium River Gorge Explorer is a great bargain for anyone with this insider information: The Early Bird Special is almost $10 off the regular cruise price when booked in advance! Details:
Early Bird Special
Tickets for ages 3 and up are only $20 for daily cruises before Noon when booked in advance. Call Reservations at 423-265-0698 and mention the “Early Bird Special” to receive your discount.
Aquarium/IMAX combo: visitors can add an IMAX 3D film to their Aquarium experience for only $5. Compared to other theater admission, this is quite a bargain. Adults save $3.50 on IMAX admission with a combination ticket, children save $1. (A family of four would save nearly ten dollars.)