With the biggest NFL game of the year coming up, I thought it only appropriate to share some Super Bowl family party ideas since that’s what I’ve been searching for online.
In fact, it must be on everyone’s minds because my friends at Talk of the Town asked me to share my family-friendly Super Bowl party ideas on air, so I hope you’ll be able to benefit from them too!
Here’s the best of what I’ve come up with to celebrate on Sunday from my own brain and from around the web…
Super Bowl Family Party Ideas
Decor (that kids can help with):
* Print out either the NFL logo or Super Bowl 50 logo and them tape them inside a clear cup. Have kids trace them with Sharpies in your favorite team color and then write everyone’s names on them.
* Get a green one from the dollar store and use white duck tape to make the yard lines
* We used green with “Go Team” but you can also print out team flags
* Great for drinking out of, displaying snacks or holding cutlery. To commemorate the 50th year of the Super Bowl, dip the bottom in glue and sprinkle with gold glitter!
Rice Krispie Football Treats
* Use Cocoa Krispies to make marshmallow treats and then cut them out in the shape of a football
* Like above, make a pan of brownies, then use a football cookie cutter to cut them out in the shape of a football and use white frosting to make the laces
Pepperoni Football Cheese and Crackers
* Use crackers, slices of cheese and pepperoni to form the shape of a football on a platter (from the Today Show)
* Pop a huge tub of popcorn and then set out different nuts & candies (in your team’s colors) that guests can use to “dress up” their popcorn snack.
Other football fun from SamiCone.com:
Watch the video from today’s show: