Ever wondered where the best places to trick or treat are in Nashville? I have the list right here for you thanks to Zillow!
Nashville ranked 19th on Zillow’s list of the top 20 cities for trick-or-treaters. This list represents the cities that provide the most candy in the least amount of time with the fewest safety risks.
Here are the top five Nashville neighborhoods for trick-or-treaters:
- Green Hills
- Bellmont Hillsboro
- Cherokee Park/Richland
- Sylvan Heights
- West Meade
Wondering how Zillow determined the ranking? Zillow’s index includes four equally-weighted data variables: The Zillow Home Value Index, population density, Walk Score© and local crime data. See which cities made the list last year.
Wherever you are trick-or-treating this year, safety is likely a top concern. Here are five tips to stay safe on Halloween.
- Buddy up: Always trick or treat with at least one other friend or in a group.
- Communicate: Establish a curfew and make sure an adult is accompanying young children at all times.
- Check your child’s costume: Avoid floor-length or vision-impairing costumes like capes and masks. Opt for Halloween makeup when possible.
- Stay in familiar territory: Only trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods, and avoid eating handmade treats from strangers. Stick to factory-wrapped treats.
- Be visible: Carry a flashlight and make sure to look both ways before crossing streets. Only walk through neighborhoods with visible lights, and stay on sidewalks or paths.