It’s the start of an extended-family vacation…
IN THE NEWS:
IN THE NEWS:
* Mass shooting at shopping mall in Germany
* DNC starts in Philadelphia amidst scandal- Wasserman Schultz to step down & Clinton picks Kaine as VP
* Team USA’s Olympic roster is officially announced; Russia not universally banned
* Deadly shooting at club in FL
* Piazza & Griffey Jr. into Baseball Hall of Fame
* Brie Larson announced as Captain Marvel
IN THE WORD:
This Week’s Verse: Ephesians 5:13
But everything exposed by the light becomes visible-and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.
Inspiration: No one can make himself pure by obeying laws ~ Oswald Chambers
IN MY LIFE
* Yesterday our family drove the quick 3 1/2 hour drive from Nashville to Pigeon Forge for a 4 day getaway with our extended family. My daughter’s birthday is tomorrow, a birthday she shares with both her uncle and my late father-in-law. So we decided to have a small family reunion at one of our favorite places.
But instead of going to Dollywood theme park, we’re trying two new things. Last night, we experienced Dolly Parton’s Lumberjack Adventure dinner and show. it truly exceeded our expectations and will blow your mind! It’s such a state of the art theater that’s even more intimate than its sister property, Dixie Stampede, and TONS of fun for anyone, but especially when you’re with a group.
You can read our full review here: http://www.samicone.com/dolly-partons-lumberjack-adventure-feast-for-the-eyes-mouth/
We’re going to spend tomorrow at the Splash Country Water Park, but we’re taking advantage of their “After 3, Next Day Free” promotion (more details here) and headed there to extend our fun tonight.
I also hope you’ll take the time to listen to my Focus on the Family interview airing today. Even if you don’t get Focus on the Family on the radio wherever you are, you can listen online here: http://www.samicone.com/raising-uncommon-kids-focus-on-the-family-interview/
Don’t forget to check out our featured ministry this month: Project 615. During the month of July, they’re holding they’re “Consider Others First” campaign…you can learn more here: http://www.project615.org/campaign-1/
RAISING UNCOMMON KIDS
Remember, you can visit http://RaisingUncommonKids.com for links on where to purchase my new book
(And if you purchase the book and love it, it would mean the world to me if you would leave a review on those sites as well.)
Another way you can help is by helping to spread the word (by word of mouth and social media). I have several sample tweets, FB messages and images like the one below for you to share at http://bit.ly/RUKShare
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1g5VA3T
Join in the conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SamiCone
Tweet with me: http://www.twitter.com/TheSamiCone
Watch my story unfold on Instagram: http://instagram.com/TheSamiCone
Follow me on Pinterest:http://www.pinterest.com/SamiCone
You’ll also want to listen to my Family Money Minute radio posts to get any of the savings goodness you may have missed!
Hope you make it a great day!