Want to know the top ten ways to have a new husband by Friday?
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? But in his book, Have a New Husband by Friday, Kevin Leman actually gives a top ten countdown in the back of the book to accomplish exactly that!
Even if you don’t want to change a thing about your husband, the book provides some really interesting insights and I recommend checking it out.
Top Ten Ways to Have a New Husband by Friday
10. Respect what he says.
9. Tell him how important he is in your life.
8. Tell him how much you need him in your life.
7. Pursue him.
6. Don’t correct him or make fun of him, especially in front of others. Also, don’t be a bone digger (unearthing past misdeeds and throwing them in his face)
5. Don’t talk down to him. He’s your husband, not your child (even if he does act like it sometimes!)
4. Touch him physically. One caress can last a long time and will really get his attention.
3. Say nice things about him and to him. (Good gossip about your guy is like an emotional hug).
2. Eliminate the words why, never and always from your vocabulary.
1. Think about what you’re going to say and divide it by ten.
All of the above list is taken from p. 203 of Have a New Husband by Friday: How to Change His Attitude, Behavior & Communication in 5 Days
Personally , I have a tough time with #2 – I ALWAYS need to know why we’re doing what we’re doing!
What about you? What are you doing well on the list above? What are you struggling with?