Now that I’m a mom, my feelings about laundry have drastically changed. No longer is it just a weekly ritual to get the clothes clean. No way. It has a much bigger impact on our family for two reasons:
1. I want to make sure the laundry detergent I’m using is safe enough to sit on my ids’ skin all day and
2. I want doing the laundry to be a lesson in responsibility for our kids!
I’ve never wanted my kids to grow up assuming life just happens or worse yet, that all they have to do is wake up & show up for anything. Life is fun, but it’s also work. But what I want them to realize is that when we work together as a team, life can be fun work!
That’s why I’ve involved them in doing the laundry from a very young age. Sure, when they were toddlers that just meant having them play in the sheets as I was making the bed or throwing the washcloths around as I tried to fold them. But as they’ve gotten older, I’ve given them age-appropriate laundry tasks to assist me with each week:
* We started with having them sort the colors of the clothes and towels before going in to the laundry.
* As they’ve started with being able to dress themselves, they’re now responsible for sorting their clothes into the right bins after they wear them (and making sure they’re right side out!)
* Now they not only help me sort the laundry as it comes out, but they’re also responsible for folding their clothes. It may not be done perfectly, but it helps me get the job done faster and it teaches them the importance of contributing to the family work load!
If you think about it, our kids spend a lot of time in and around their clothes, which is why I feel so passionately about choosing an effective, yet safe, laundry detergent. When you consider that whatever we wash our clothes with is indirectly sitting on our kids’ skin all day and night, it makes you think twice about what you use in the washing machine!
That’s why I appreciate the ARM & HAMMER Laundry Detergent for my High Efficiency machine – not only does it get the job done, but it helps me with my job as a mom!
I want to hear about your laundry routine! Share with me how you involve your kids in the laundry or how you get your laundry done more effectively and you could win a $25 Visa Gift Card! To enter, just leave a comment below about either; you can enter once per day via this method.
For an additional optional entry, tweet this (& leave an additional comment letting me know you did!)
I want to win a $25 Visa Gift Card thanks to the #SwitchAndSaveChallenge & @TheSamiCone! http://samicone.com/?p=14633
You have until 11:59pm CST on 10/5/11. Good luck!
This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Save $1.00 on any 2 ARM & HAMMER Laundry Detergents. And be sure and head over to The Switch & Save Challenge for the chance to win $25,000.