I have step by step directions for how to make last minute spa gifts inspired by the Relache Spa at Gaylord Opryland. These spa recipes can be made at home, mostly from things we already have in our pantry.
How to Make Homemade Spa Gifts
Is anyone else having trouble believing Christmas is almost here? If you’re like me and haven’t even started your holiday shopping yet then you’re in luck!
In this segment, I’m joined by Tammy Henry from Opryland who has brought some spa secrets with her to teach us how to make homemade spa gifts like the ones they sell in the famous Relache Spa.
If you’re looking for hostess gifts or something for when you don’t exchange gifts with friends or family but want to give them something small and meaningful, these gifts are perfect. Tammy taught us two spa recipes: a Gingerbread Sugar Scrub & an Aromatherapy Shower Spray.
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Recipe
This Gingerbread Scrub recipe is perfect as a gift or to place in your guest washroom during holidays.
- Place all dry ingredients in mixing bowl: white sugar, brown sugar and spice mix (Cinnamon, Allspice, Ginger)
- Add vanilla
- Add slightly melted coconut oil until evenly mixed. (pre-melted in bowl or bought in liquid form)
- Transfer mixture into a container, such as small mason jar or repurpose candle jars or cookie dough containers
Aromatherapy Shower Mist or Room Spray
This Aromatherapy Shower Mist or Room Spray transforms your shower into a refreshing steam sauna.
- Fill a glass spray bottle halfway with water.
- Fill remaining half with witch hazel.
- Add about 20 drops of oil.
- Place shower mist bottle in pretty gift bag or wrap in clear or colored cellophane wrap and tie with ribbon and a pretty gift tag.
You can use a variety of essential oils depending on the effect and aroma you want. Here are a few combinations to consider:
- straight eucalyptus to open up your sinuses and clear your mind in the morning shower
- eucalyptus and peppermint to soothe a cold or headache
- eucalyptus and lemongrass for an energizing effect
- eucalyptus and lavender for a calming bedtime mood
The Relache Spa at Gaylord Opryland
The award-winning Relache Spa at Gaylord Opryland Resort offers world-class pampering in their 20,000 sq ft spa. From massages to manicures and just about everything in between, you’ll find full relaxation at any time of year, but especially during the holidays.
Look into booking a spa seasonal treatment with your holiday overnight stay. Speaking of last-minute gifts, the Relache Spa also offers gift cards and even discounts for locals. And you don’t have to save your spa visit for when you’re staying overnight at the hotel. When you book an appointment at the spa, your valet parking is free.
Relache Spa Discount
Watch the full segment below: