Why just buy a gift when you can buy gifts that give back? While I’m always looking to stretch my dollar, I love when I can buy a meaningful gift that will also give back to charity too. Allow me to share some of my favorite holiday gifts that do just that…
Gifts that Give Back Guide
While many of the organizations I highlight below could easily fit into multiple categories, I’ve tried to segment them into who they benefit. Since each of you have different causes close to your heart, I thought this could help you find the best match of cause and product.
The Shop Forward
Each item on The Shop Forward gives back to a cause, so you know you are making a difference when you shop.
The Ted Lasso-themed items help support after-school programs for the underprivileged through The Youth Centers of Orange.
Each ‘4 Things‘ item is part of their ‘espwa’ line – Espwa means ‘hope’ in Haitian Creole, and each purchase supports myLIFEspeaks in Neply, Haiti. The Shop Forward have raised over $5 million in the last few years for various causes and are so thankful for such a strong, supportive community that wants to give back while they shop!
- Believe sweatshirt
- Ted Lasso 4 things unisex tee
- Affirmation note card set
- 4 Things FRIENDS tee
Kendra Scott’s heart to help is evidenced in everything she does, including her You Do Good Charms. Each time a customer purchases one of these charms, 50% of the proceeds benefit one of nine causes that are making an important difference in the world, from children’s education to women empowerment.
In addition to the national causes, local Kendra Scott boutiques host Give Back Events. When you shop within these windows, 20% of your purchase will benefit the cause of the event. Kendra Scott is also hosting an in-store and online benefit event in honor of World Kindness Day.
Click the link to see all of the Kendra Scott You Do Good Charms & their beneficiaries.
This year’s featured products from Kendra Scott include:
- Grayson Pendant – Gold – $50
- Ace Chain – Silver – $60
- Madelyn Hoop – Gold – $90
- Cross Charm Necklace – Sterling Silver – $130
- Davis Triple Chain -Opalite – $150
- Madelyn Statement Earrings – $250
Gifts that Help Women
Thistle Farms provides housing, healing, and employment to women survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction. They are based here in Nashville, but have a network of over 500 beds for women around the country through sister organizations.
Survivors live completely free, with custom healthcare and trauma therapy, so that they can focus on healing.
While in the program, women learn job and leadership skills, by working in the social enterprise making candles and awesome bath products. The money from the sale of the products helps cover the cost of the program, while the women build savings to restart their lives.
Featured Thistle Farms products:
- Celebration Collection – $20
- Love, Courage, Hope, Gratitude, Courage
- Love Heals Candles – $32
- Lavender, Eucalyptus Mint
- New: Santal Amber, Guava Honey, Sea Salt Violet
- Gift Sets
- Self Care Spa Set – $65
- Hope Gift Set – $50
- Practically Divine Book
- Hand Sanitizer – Starting at $5
- Bug Spray – Starting at $8
ABLE is a lifestyle brand focused on ending generational poverty by working with women who have often overcome extraordinary circumstances. ABLE empowers women by creating jobs in communities where they’re often most desperately needed, many of whom have overcome circumstances of homelessness, addiction, or prostitution.
ABLE is a Nashville-based lifestyle brand on a mission to end generational poverty by providing economic opportunities for women.
Recently, ABLE became the first fashion brand to publish its lowest wages because they believe complete transparency is the only way to protect and empower the women who make fashion.
- Liliana Everyday Backpack
- The Merly Jacket
- Nera Sneaker in Spruce
- Diane Loafer in Pony Haircalf
- Thin Hoop Earrings
- Mod Dome Ring
Past ABLE Items I Featured:
- Stride Hoops
- Astrology Constellation Necklace
- Emerson Scarf
- Martha Crossbody
- Rachel Wristlet
- Letter Necklace
Rahab’s Rope exists to empower women and children in the fight against human trafficking. Profits from our artisan-made products fund the mission.
Rahab’s Rope Items You Saw On-Air:
- Bread Basket: This bread warmer features a whitewashed terracotta stone, deeply incised with a nature-inspired design and sits within a handwoven kaisa grass basket with palm wrap. The baskets are crafted by women in Bangladesh. The women are provided steady, fair wages and safe workplaces as well as training in new techniques to expand their skills.
- Hand-loomed Recycled Cotton Throw: The ultimate in sustainable comfort, this throw is made from recycled cotton, which is separated and spun into new threads. The threads are then dyed and re-woven into this cozy throw and is finished with knotted fringe ends. Measures: 72”x 48”
Bright Endeavors features soy candles made by young moms in Chicago. My friends over at Fountain of 30 also featured these fabulous candles in their Holiday Gift Guide.
Gifts that Help Children
FEED is an impact-driven lifestyle brand, making products that help feed the children of the world. Founded by Lauren Bush Lauren, their bags and accessories truly epitomize the “Gifts that Give Twice” mentality.
This year FEED has announced a holiday meal goal for the first time ever. We’re aiming to provide 300,000 school meals, more meals than we’ve ever provided from a single holiday season. Check out the new Holiday-specific meal counter on our homepage, keeping track of our progress!
Now more than ever, the fight against hunger needs to be prioritized. As a result of the pandemic, rates of food insecurity have doubled and for families with children, the rates have tripled.
Featured FEED Products:
- FEED x Package Free Big Carryall ($178, makes a donation to support the Food Bank for NYC) – This 100% Organic cotton bag is a limited-edition partnership with a brand called Package Free! It is designed to help you shop (and live!) more sustainably, with thoughtfully designed pockets and a material that is completely biodegradable. This bag helps support the Food Bank for NYC’s Green Sidewalk Program, which brings fresh produce to high-need areas of New York City.
Previously featured FEED Bags:
- Leather Wristlet + Artisan Strap ($198 bundle, 75 meals) – Sold separately or as a bundle, New for Holiday ’20, this little leather wristlet is the perfect size and looks beautiful paired with our handmade artisan strap.
- Packable Zip Tote ($58, 25 school meals) – This is one of our best-selling products, new this year. It collapses into itself and zips up so you can travel with it, bring it to the store, and basically never be without a tote!
- Conversation Tote Bundle ($98, 30 school meals) – Sold separately or as a bundle, these 100% cotton statement totes are perfect for anyone on your list.
St. Jude exists to find cures & save children. Danny Thomas opened the doors to St. Jude in 1962 with the dream that “no child should die in the dawn of life.” In line with that vision, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay. Thanks to generous donors and partnerships like I’m about to share, families never receive a bill from St. Jude. Just as important, St. Jude freely shares its research and findings.
- Pottery Barn: St. Jude Fluffy Luxe Heart Pillow
- Pottery Barn: St. Jude Fluffy Luxe Throw
- Pottery Barn: St. Jude Peanut Bear Cozy Sherpa Anywhere Chair®
- Pottery Barn: St. Jude Jolly Santa Ornament
- Pottery Barn:St. Jude Happy Tree Christmas Ornament
- JOANN: St. Jude patient artwork fabric
From St. Jude Gift Shop :
- Trucker Hat
- St. Jude Bracelet
Christian Gifts that Give Back
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization that provides long-term solutions to poverty, emergency humanitarian assistance, and advocates on behalf of the poor. World Vision works in nearly 100 countries including the U.S.
85% of World Vision’s total operating expenses were used for programs that benefit children, families, and communities in need. For every dollar you donate, it’s $1.30 in impact.
Featured World Vision products:
- Organic Coffee Blend ($85) – features a peat flavor with dark chocolate and berry notes. Comes with a handcrafted, wooden coffee scoop.
- Coasters ($85) – set of four wooden coasters handmade by fair-trade artisans in India.
- The Grace Collection Necklace by Patricia Heaton ($75) – tassel necklace handmade by fair-trade artisans in India from gold-tone alloy metal that does not tarnish.
- Grace Collection Scarf by Patricia Heaton ($100) – woven by master weavers in Bihar, India, with a leather buckle cuff made by artisans in Uttar Pradesh who are famous for their leather craft.
- The Grace Collection Charm Bracelet by Patricia Heaton ($85) – featuring turquoise-colored glass beads and a gold-tone iron ring and tree charm.
Gifts that Help the Homeless
Project 615’s focus is to celebrate Nashville’s people, teams, organizations, artists, and places through products that locals are proud to wear. Since its inception, Project 615 has donated nearly $1,000,000 to world-changing causes and local non-profits, and will continue the mission to “Spreading Love The Nashville Way.”
Featured Project 615 Products:
Gifts that Give Back TV Segment
There are so many other incredible organizations whose gifts give back to charity as well, but these are some of my favorites.
Watch my 2021 segment:
Watch my 2020 Gifts that Give Back TV segments from both Talk of the Town & The Sami Cone Show at the bottom of this post.
Watch my 2019 Products with a Purpose segment from The Sami Cone Show.
Thank you for helping me support these great organizations!