While I’d rather go eat naan directly from one of Maneet’s three Nashville restaurants, she graciously taught us how to make this delicious Indian bread on The Sami Cone Show.
You likely already have all these naan ingredients in your kitchen’s pantry:
- 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 5 grams baking soda
- 7 grams salt
- 15 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup yogurt
- Water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Even if you missed Maneet cooking her naan recipe live on The Sami Cone Show, just follow these simple steps:
- Mix all ingredients, including yogurt and water, until combined.
- Knead dough by hand for 2 minutes.
- Divide into 4 balls.
- All dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Heat medium/large sauté pan to medium-low heat.
- Cook on both sides for 1 minute or until golden brown.
Maneet took some shredded cheese and added some red chili pepper to it, then folded it into the dough before rolling it out and putting it into the skillet. It was delish!