IN THE NEWS:
* Clinton & Trump shared a stage for a good cause
* Jim Beam workers on strike
* First American killed in Mosul
* Lady Gaga’s new album released; she’ll appear with Tom Hanks on SNL
IN THE WORD:
This Week’s Verse: Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her..
The mountaintop is not meant to TEACH us anything, it’s meant to MAKE us something – Oswald Chambers
IN MY LIFE
* Sorry for the lateness today, but it’s been one of those weeks and one of those days. But if you follow me on Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/thesamicone) then you already know what this proud mama has been up to. I won’t repeat myself here, but the short version is that my daughter was selected to participate in Honors Orchestra (cello) for which she had to practice from 6-8:30 last night and then from 9-2 today, and then the group will perform FIVE songs at 6pm tonight – WHEW!
Needless to say, my girl was overwhelmed and didn’t want to go back today, but she persevered, in large part thanks to her orchestra director. Parents, PLEASE hear me when I tell you the importance of finding other people you trust who love your children to speak into their lives in a way you can’t.
I can’t wait to hear the final product tonight, but no matter what it sounds like, I’m just so proud that she didn’t allow her fear to takeover.
4 of you can win a Party on Mom prize pack that includes the trusted P&G products you know and love (a Tailgate pack & a Date Night pack) – and each includes a $25 Walmart gift card! Read my tips to throw a stress-free football party and enter here: https://www.samicone.com/partyonmom
Win a FamilyLife Cruise!
There is only one week to enter my FamilyLife Love Like You Mean It 2017 Cruise giveaway! All the details and ways to enter can be found here: http://bit.ly/FreeFLcruise
Even if you don’t win, I have an EXCLUSIVE BOGO offer just for my audience here: http://lovelikeyoumeanitcruise.com/sami
Focus on the Family Interview
If you missed my Focus on the Family interview, you can listen online here: https://www.samicone.com/raising-uncommon-kids-focus-on-the-family-interview/
RAISING UNCOMMON KIDS
Remember, you can visit http://RaisingUncommonKids.com for links on where to purchase my new book. (And if you purchase the book and love it, it would mean the world to me if you would leave a review on those sites as well.)
Another way you can help is by helping to spread the word (by word of mouth and social media). I have several sample tweets, FB messages and images like the one below for you to share at http://bit.ly/RUKShare
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1g5VA3T
Join in the conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SamiCone
Tweet with me: http://www.twitter.com/TheSamiCone
Watch my story unfold on Instagram: http://instagram.com/TheSamiCone
Follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/SamiCone
You’ll also want to listen to my Family Money Minute radio posts to get any of the savings goodness you may have missed!
Hope you make it a great day!