This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
On my March 2020 episode, I invited Molly Reed Grayson to join me on the show to teach us how to make her delicious Lemon Raspberry Skillet Cake Recipe.
I’ve known Molly for years (we actually met in a Bible study comprised of really powerful women), but we hadn’t seen each other in a long time. But after I watched her “Sunday Bakes” on Instagram, I knew we had to reunite.
Not only is Molly a talented singer and songwriter, she’s married and a soon-to-be mother of 3.
Get Molly’s Lemon Raspberry Skillet Cake Recipe below…
Lemon Raspberry Skillet Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt/vanilla yogurt)
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 6oz. package of fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar in the raw
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
3. In large bowl beat butter and sugar (using a stand mixer or hand held) for 3-4 minutes until light in color and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Add vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add half of the flour mixture to the butter/sugar and blend.
6. Then add half of the sour cream, blend. Add the rest of the flour mixture, mix well and finish with last of sour cream…blend.
7. Gently fold in lemon zest and raspberries until combined.
8. Pour cake batter into skillet and sprinkle the sugar in the raw evenly over top.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
10. After it cools for a little while, slice it up and serve it with a generous scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream!
From Molly Reed Grayson
Watch Molly and I make her Lemon Raspberry Skillet Cake live on The Sami Cone Show below: