IN THE NEWS:
* Hurricane Matthew knocks out power for hundreds of thousands in South Florida – even Disney World shut down
* The second Presidential Debate takes place on Sunday in a town hall format
* NJ train in crash shown to be going twice the speed limit
* Columbia’s President wins Nobel Peace Prize
* Grand Ole Opry celebrating 91st birthday this weekend
IN THE WORD:
This Week’s Verse: Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the savior.
Have no motivation other than to know your Father in Heaven – Oswald Chambers
IN MY LIFE
* After watching numerous reporters stand on the very beach we spent ten years living by, my nerves were a bit shot worrying about family and friends still living in South Floirda. But I just heard back from my mom and it seems other than some power outages and downed trees, everyone is OK!
I also promised I’d give you my review of “Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life” today: it was fabulous! I truly had little interest going in to this movie other than to make my kids happy, but I may have laughed louder and more often than they did. Not only that, but there was a twist revealed at the end that I DID NOT see coming! The film does this James Patterson book more than justice.
As for me, I’ll be LIVE on Talk of the Town this morning at 11am CST on NewsChannel5 here in Nashville. Today’s topic is one EVERYONE can take advantage of: 7 Tips to save OVER $100 a month! Even if you can’t see it live, you can check out ALL my tips here: https://www.samicone.com/?p=46019
Have a great weekend friends!
Focus on the Family Interview
If you missed my Focus on the Family interview, you can listen online here: https://www.samicone.com/raising-uncommon-kids-focus-on-the-family-interview/
RAISING UNCOMMON KIDS
Remember, you can visit https://RaisingUncommonKids.com for links on where to purchase my new book. (And if you purchase the book and love it, it would mean the world to me if you would leave a review on those sites as well.)
Another way you can help is by helping to spread the word (by word of mouth and social media). I have several sample tweets, FB messages and images like the one below for you to share at https://bit.ly/RUKShare
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/1g5VA3T
Join in the conversation on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SamiCone
Tweet with me: https://www.twitter.com/TheSamiCone
Watch my story unfold on Instagram: https://instagram.com/TheSamiCone
Follow me on Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/SamiCone
You’ll also want to listen to my Family Money Minute radio posts to get any of the savings goodness you may have missed!
Hope you make it a great day!