This Black Bean Quinoa Burger Recipe by Lori Zabka will have you rethinking healthy eating! Lori was a guest on my February episode of The Sami Cone Show and not only share about her Anti-Diet program, but proved you can eat anti-inflammatory foods that are still delicious.
Watch our full cooking segment with Lori Z below. You can get cooking with the Black Bean Quinoa Burger recipe below.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with an anti-inflammatory green salad.
Learn more about the other segments in our February episode of The Sami Cone Show.