It’s amazing how people will spend months researching what washer & dryer to purchase for their home so that they get the best savings, but actually spend very little (if any) time studying how to effectively use your dryer on a daily basis. That’s why I wanted give you my Dryer 101, an essential savings guide when it comes to your everyday laundry tasks.
1. Don’t put clothes in the dryer if they still have a stain on them; that will just further set the stain. Instead, treat the stain again, let stand/soak for 10 minutes and then run through the wash cycle again before drying.
2. Not all clothes need to remain in the dryer for the full cycle. In fact, many clothes will do better if you dry them only 1/2 to 3/4 of the way and then take them out and hang them up to finish the process. Not only will this prevent wrinkles, but it will save on your energy costs since you won’t be running your dryer as long as normal.
3. Most importantly, always use a dryer sheet like Arm & Hammer Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets in Lavender & Linen. I used to think I was saving money by not using a dryer sheet, but all I was doing was sacrificing the quality and longevity of my laundry. Arm & Hammer Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets not only control static cling, but give you that freshly laundered scent days after you’ve finished the laundry!
For additional laundry savings, make sure to visit the Arm & Hammer Savings Center for savings up to $14. You’ll also want to check out all the other great tips from the 20 bloggers who are also part of the Arm & Hammer Switch and Save challenge with me!
Of course, you could buy a LOT of laundry essentials with the $25 Visa Gift Card I’m giving away! Just leave a comment below with your best dryer tip (even if that means sending it to someone else to do the cleaning!). For additional entries into the $25 Visa Gift Card giveaway:
1. Like Arm & Hammer on Facebook
2. Like Sami Cone on Facebook
3. Follow @TheSamiCone on Facebook and tweet about the giveaway
Good luck and I look forward to hearing your tips!
This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is paying me to try different products. Save $1.00 on ARM & HAMMER Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets. And then head over to The Switch & Save Challenge to keep up with all of the bloggers and enter to win $25,000.