I’m thrilled to bring back to the show one of your favorite guests from last year….my son, Britton Cone!
Today we’re making another one of Britton’s favorite and most popular recipes, Asian Cucumber Salad.
This is the easiest side dish to whip up, but the real bonus is that it gets better as it sits in the fridge (if they last that long! We usually eat ours immediately).
I think the key to healthy living is making better choices and still finding ways to eat fun food.
Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Squirt of sriracha
Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe Directions:
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise, scoop out ‘seeds’, then cut in half again. Chop in bite-size pieces.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and let sit for 30 minutes (If you don’t have 30 minutes, just let them sit while you make the sauce).
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chopped cucumbers and enjoy! This side dish gets better the longer it sits in the fridge.
Watch us make the recipe segment from the January 2021 episode of The Sami Cone Show: