This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
Watch the Talk of the Town video from today: Save Your Budget this Christmas
Did you tune in to NewsChannel5 in Nashville at 11am CST this morning (December 14) to hear me share tips on how you can still save your budget this Christmas?
In case you missed any of it, here are the steps to take to regain perspective and get control of your spending this season:
1. Figure out 10% of your net monthly pay – that should be your gift budget.
2. Assess what you’ve already bought: Take back what isn’t necessary.
3. Look at what’s left: Can you get a better price on it? Get a price adjustment from the original store or buy it cheaper somewhere else and return the original.
4. If you’ve overshot your gift budget, borrow from other line items: take friends out to dinner using your food budget or take them to a show or on a Christmas light tour with funds from your entertainment budget.
5. Get a part time job at your favorite retailer and use your earning plus your discount to buy gifts!
I wanted to send a special “Thank You” to Mae over at Benefit at Macy’s Green Hills for making me look camera-ready today!