This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
One of the most common questions I’m asked is “How can I save money and still provide my family with natural products?”
The first place I tell people to save and cut back is in their cleaning products. This may seem like an oxymoron since one of the most important things you can do for your family is to choose your cleaning products carefully. We learned not long ago that many of our kids’ respiratory issues were due to chemicals in the cleaners we were using around our house.
But I don’t have to tell you how expensive it can be to purchase organic and natural cleaning products. So why not save (both your budget and your family’s health!) by trying your hand at making home made natural cleaning products?
One of the staple ingredients for creating homemade cleaning products is Arm & Hammer baking soda. Not only is it incredibly cost-effective, but it is non-toxic and safe to use around your entire family! Just take a look at some of these ideas:
* Use baking soda with a damp toothbrush to remove grout stains and clean in showers & tubs
* Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of burnt pans. Add hot water and soak overnight to remove stain.
* Shake baking soda on to carpet then vacuum up for a natural deoderizer
* Replace half of your regular laundry detergent with baking soda to help brighten clothes
* For multi-purpose cleaning, mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 quart warm water in a spray bottle
* Mix baking soda and vinegar as a natural stain remover
These are just a few ideas for making your own homemade cleaners with baking soda. What have you tried?