I can’t believe school is out for summer! But just because school is done doesn’t mean summer learning has to end. That’s why I was intrigued by the summer learning tools I discovered from TakeLessons.com.
Has your child been wanting to take a music class or an art class? Or maybe now that schools is out you are looking for ways to help keep them learning through the summer, here’s a service to help you with summer plans for the kids. Here is the information about TakeLessons.com:
TakeLessons.com connects students and families with private music teachers, arts instructors and academic tutors throughout the US. They’ve been in business since 2006, and have worked with over 30,000 students nationwide. Essentially, they assist with scheduling, initial coordination with the instructor, and billing – so all you have to worry about is enjoying your lessons! Your online student account also helps you stay organized with scheduling and billing tools.
About Their Lessons
– Over 30 lesson types available, including guitar, singing, piano, drums, violin, dance, acting, and academic tutoring.
– Lessons available in-studio, in-home or online (via Skype). Lesson prices vary depending on location and length.
– Our most popular lesson package is Quarterly (book 12 lessons, get 1 free). Other packages include month-to-month and Flex (coordinate lesson times as you go along with your instructor)
– 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your first lesson, they’ll find you another teacher, or refund all of your original purchase price, including the first lesson.
– No long-term commitments – switch your schedule, teacher or instrument type at any time
– Teachers available for all ages and all experience levels
Did you catch one of my favorite features? They provide In Home and In Studio lessons, as well as Online Lessons, which are a popular option for busy families – all you need is a computer with a webcam, a Skype account, and a good Internet connection. Cut down on commute times by taking lessons in the comfort of your own home! To learn more, and begin searching for a music instructor, go to TakeLessons.com
But it doesn’t just stop at music lessons. TakeLessons.com also provides online Math and Academic Tutoring via Skype.
If your child is struggling with math or other academic subjects, their tutors use innovative tools to demonstrate and explain concepts via Skype – simply log on, connect with your tutor, and start learning from the comfort of your own home!
As a mom, it was important for me to be assured that all of their tutors complete an extensive hiring process, including multiple interviews, academic testing, reference checks, and annual criminal background checks. As someone that’s frugally minded, I also appreciate that there are no long-term commitments and no start-up or cancellation fees.
As a special offer to all readers, TakeLessons.com is offering 20% off all lessons packages- , from Thursday, May 23 through Tuesday, May 28 with special promotional code MUSIC3. Students can book online, or give us a call at 619-618-7463 to talk through options and pricing with a Student Counselor (don’t forget to mention the promo code!).
Disclosure: TakeLessons.com approached me to write a post about their service for my readers and compensated me for it, although I wish I just got free lessons as a result 😉 I haven’t had a chance to use the service yet, but it sounds brilliant (otherwise I wouldn’t share it with you) and can’t wait to try it out to get my kids on the music train this summer!