Disney Parks made a HUGE announcement about their 2013 “Limited Time Magic” Celebrations by erecting a 45,000 pound ice castle on the NYC Times Square set of Good Morning America today (October 17, 2012).
It looks like Disney Parks will be celebrating 2013 with miniature week long celebrations all throughout the year in all of their parks.
If you’re looking to learn more about what exactly the “Limited Time Magic” means for the Disney Parks when it begins in January, here are a few examples from the Disney Parks Blog:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
It’s not known yet how exactly we’ll find out what’s happening when, which I imagine would make it difficult to plan your upcoming trip around, but if even the most fanatical of Disney fans can be patient, I’m sure they’ll be announcing more details soon. Of course, you can keep up with the latest news by following the Twitter hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
You know me, I’d never turn down a reason to go to Walt Disney World, but I’m not sure if this is as exciting of an announcement as the “Give a day, get a day” they did a couple years ago when you got a free ticket for volunteering, or when you got to celebrate your birthday for FREE at Disney Parks.
What about you, is this newest Disney promotion an enticement for you to visit Disney Parks in 2013?