This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
Did you know you could make brownies in a crock pot? If you haven’t tried this easy crock pot brownie recipe yet, you need to today!
Easy Crock Pot Brownie Recipe Details
I didn’t anticipate just how many of you were intrigued by the easy crock pot brownies I made recently, so I’m fulfilling your request to share this simple crock pot brownie recipe!
I never knew you could make desserts in a crock pot, much less brownies, but my friend Matt said he had just made some amazing fudge coconut brownies (adapted from the Crockin Girls) and mentioned how easy and delicious they were. Not that I doubt his cooking abilities, but I figured if he could make crock pot brownies, anyone could 😉
So I bribed the kids by saying if they woke up right when their alarm went off for school, they could help me make the brownies in the morning (aka lick the spoon)…it worked!
We put them on at 7am and they were done by 10 (although, I think I could have stopped them about 15 minutes earlier).
I did learn a few things I wanted to pass on for people wanting to try this recipe themselves. Here is my synopsis:
Benefits of Crock Pot Brownies
There are several benefits of crock pot brownies:
- Mix, pour, cook, eat…truly so easy!
- Very hard to overcook. I realize I said I let them go a little long above, but they were still the most MOIST brownies I’ve EVER had. I NEVER know when to pull brownies out of the oven. This took all the guesswork out of the cooking process.
- Again, very moist and fudgy
Critiques of the Crock Pot Brownies
I’d be remiss if I told you about the benefits of crock pot brownies without sharing some of the critiques I’ve heard as well:
- The chocolate syrup mixture seemed to settle on one side a little more than the other, and the part I let drip on the side tasted burnt
- Harder to pick up and eat than a regular brownie…much better eaten warm with ice cream & a fork 😉 (Ok, I guess that’s more of a benefit than a critique!)
- My daughter said “I like regular boxed brownies better” – but she’s not much of a brownie/chocolate fan in the first place, so I wouldn’t listen to her. Every other child at dinner DEVOURED these (and the adults too!)
Here is what I did:
Easy Crock Pot Brownie Recipe Directions
- Box of brownie mix
- 2-3 eggs (Depending on whether you want them cake-like or fudgy...we used 2)
- 1 cup chocolate sauce (like Hershey's)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Turn crock pot on High
- Make brownie mix according to package directions
- Grease Crock Pot (or I'm sure you could use a slow cooker liner)
- Pour in brownie mix
- Mix chocolate syrup & boiling water
- Pour over brownie mix in crock pot
- Cook on high for about 3 hours (or 2:45)
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes with lid off before serving
Try adding nuts or coconut to mix these brownies up even more!
Have you ever tried to make desserts in the crock pot? If so, what’s your favorite?
You asked, I delivered! Here’s the Easy Crock Pot Brownie #Recipe we made yesterday… http://t.co/ucWxxBL1cZ