It should come as no surprise that our kids – ages 8 & 10 – have been begging for their own technology for some time now.
I think it started when my daughter was 8, saying EVERYONE in her third grade class had an iPhone except for her.
We told her to get over it.
But there’s no denying that tablets have come in handy with our kids over the years, whether for enhancing what they’re being taught in school or keeping them occupied during a long car ride.
However, I’ve never felt safe leaving them alone with it for very long because I’ve seen the negative affects of what can happen when the kids stumble upon the wrong website or an inappropriate ad pops up.
So when the folks at VTech asked if I’d be interested in reviewing (& yes, giving away!) their new InnoTab® MAX, I jumped at the chance.
The InnoTab® MAX, VTech®’s newest tablet with Android™ learning content, uniquely combines VTech’s expert-supported library of cartridges and apps with carefully selected educational Android apps – offering the best of both learning worlds and the widest variety of curricula to provide a superior children’s tablet.
So while my daughter was at Nutcracker rehearsal, my son and I went on a “Mommy Bubby date”, all with him not knowing I had a special box in the van.
Check out what happened when he finally got to look inside:
Once Britton tore open the box, he took a closer look at exactly all the VTech® InnoTab MAX has to offer…
He wasted no time taking a new profile pic…
and quickly started working with new backgrounds within the Wonder Max Cam app that comes on it…
Of course, he found some games to keep him happy too…
The VTech® InnoTab MAX is designed for ages 3-9 years and my son did confess that when he first saw it, he was afraid it was a “baby toy”, but within minutes, he was engrossed in all the InnoTab Max had to offer. In fact, we later met up with my husband and daughter for dinner, and he insisted on riding in their car so he could show it off! (I snuck a pick of him showing her all the bells and whistles when we both stopped to get gas).
As a parent, it was also interesting to hear about the VTech Innotab MAX from a educator’s point of view too…
Since I always recommend you do your own research before buying ANYTHING, here are all the specs on the VTech® InnoTab MAX:
- VTech’s 4th generation kids’ learning tablet features its fastest processor yet with up to six times the processing power of previous generation and a 7” high-resolution multi-touch screen display
- InnoTab MAX features an enhanced 2nd generation version of Premium VTech Kid Connect™, at no additional charge, allowing children and parents to exchange voice and text messages, photos, drawings and fun stickers in real time between the tablet and a smartphone
- InnoTab MAX offers the best of both learning worlds with access to more than 650 educator-endorsed, age and stage appropriate learning titles as well as carefully cultivated educational Android apps that can be purchased and downloaded through VTech’s Learning Lodge® app store
- The tablet comes with 15 onboard apps including Premium VTech® Kid Connect, My Magic Beanstalk, Movie Maker, Art Studio, Wonder Cam Max, E-Reader with Story Dictionary and more
- InnoTab MAX also comes with one free Toca Boca app and two additional free apps that can be downloaded from the Learning Lodge
- Other InnoTab MAX features include a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery and kid-safe Wi-Fi so kids can explore appropriate online games, videos and websites that have been pre-selected by VTech
- Parental controls allow parents to manage their child’s apps, web access and tablet time, as well as view a progress log
You can buy the VTech® InnoTab MAX on Amazon right now for just over $100.
The only drawback we’ve found thus far is the time it took us to get WiFi connected and get registered, but that also could have been due to the fact that we were trying to do it on public WiFi.
And don’t forget, I said ONE OF YOU can win a VTech InnoTab MAX for your kids too!
Just enter via the Rafflecopter widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
As I mentioned above, VTech provided the product and information for this post in return for my honest review about the Innotab Max, and I was only too happy to give it to my son for him to review for us. Now his sister is asking for one too!