This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
The future of playing music is here, and it’s name is Google Chromecast Audio.
When I was contacted by Best Buy to do a Google Chromecast Audio review, I accepted because my husband loves to play music throughout our home, both indoors and outdoors. But up until now, our family hasn’t found a reliable and affordable way to make that happen.
In fact, we’ve even resorted to sticking our iPhones in a used toilet paper roll to amplify sound in our home.
But no more…
With Google Chromecast audio, we’ve discovered a way to play music on our speakers – new or old -wirelessly from our phone, laptop or tablet. It even supports Multi-room playback (with multiple Chromecast devices). We’ve connected Chromecast audio to everything from a state-of-the-art Bluetooth speaker to an old iHome radio speaker we got at Goodwill for $3.
Because Chromecast Audio uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, you can stream crystal clear hi res sound. You just plug it in to your AUX input and can enjoy high quality sound.
Here are just a few benefits of Chromecast Audio we’ve discovered:
1. Listen to your favorite tunes on your speaker
○ By using your phone, it’s easy to play, pause, or change the volume from anywhere in the home. And while streaming, you can still text or call without interrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
2. Crystal clear sound, powered by the cloud
○ Use Chromecast Audio to stream over Wi-Fi which has many advantages over Bluetooth including higher sound quality.
3. Play music everywhere with Multi-room
○ Now you can easily fill every room in your home with synchronous music. Simply group Chromecast Audio devices together so you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers.
4. Enjoy hundreds of your favorite audio apps
○ Stream millions of songs, radio stations, and podcasts through apps like Pandora, Spotify, YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. Find more at chromecast.com/apps
And our favorite part of Google Chromecast Audio? That you can control it all right from your phone! Just tap the “Cast button” in any of the popular mobile apps listed above to start listening.
You can get the Google Chromecast Audio for just $35 at Best Buy. With a price that reasonable, you can outfit your home speakers for less than $100 like we did.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.