This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
Day 5 of my Daniel Fast experience had us out celebrating another birthday dinner…
Day 5 of my Daniel Plan experience wasn’t exactly what I’d call focused. While I still had my quiet time and started out well, I spent the day editing, so I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare meals.
I also realized that the reason I gained weight may have had more to do than that lovely time of the month for women rather than what I ate 🙂
However, there was an interesting turn of events at dinner, which I wrote more about below.
Remember, if you want to join in, you can purchase the Daniel Plan HERE or join in on the 21 Day Fast (through Christ Fellowship) HERE. No-one asked me to do this and I’m not being compensated.
Daniel Plan Experience: Day 5
Breakfast: Berry Smoothie
– Wanted to do something quick for me and my girl.
Snack: Whole Almonds
– was on the road and had these packed in my purse.
Lunch: Veggie Stir Fry
*Recipe from the book*
– This was leftover from dinner the other night but still just as tasty!
– Normally you’re not supposed to eat fruit by itself, but it was handy in a hurry.
Dinner: Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
– Lucaya Salad from Calypso Grill: Green lettuce, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, cucumber and marinated rotisserie chicken. This was actually a good dinner, but I simply couldn’t resist what Jeremy brought out for Tiff’s birthday: Cupcake Collection strawberry cupcakes! I’m not much of a cake or cupcake person, but these cupcakes are all-natural and scrumptious. Still not on the plan, but I’m not going to let it deter me from continuing on the rest of the journey!
Weight & Measurements
Overall: 7 pounds lost & 2.5 inches down
* The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life
There are several Daniel Plan resources available (though I only have the book, so I can’t vouch for the others.) Keep in mind, if you purchase anything through the Amazon affiliate links below, I will make a small percentage of the sale at NO extra cost to you.
* The Daniel Plan Study Guide: 40 Days to a Healthier Life
* The Daniel Plan Cookbook: Healthy Eating for Life
* The Daniel Plan Jumpstart Guide: Daily Steps to a Healthier Life
* Daniel Plan Journal: 40 Days to a Healthier Life (The Daniel Plan)
If you’d like to join me in this Daniel Plan experience (or just have an encouraging word!), will you please let me know in the comments below? Here’s to good health!